Friday, May 19, 2006

I CAN TASTE THE HATE

DREAMS OF DAMNATION
EPIC TALES OF VENGEANCE
Heavy as shit brutal death metal, thankfully with no concessions to vocal melodies. "Kill for Peace"! "Eaters of the Dead"!!!

FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY
ARTIFICIAL SOLDIER
I was just thinking about these guys yesterday. In making yet another typically lazy comparison, I think. I like the breakbeats on "Unleashed" & "Buried Alive".

HEAD CONTROL SYSTEM
EPIC TALES OF VENGEANCE
Strange combination of Nine Inch Nails, Nickelback and Disturbed? They just call this rock music now. You kids today and your Marilyn Manson. In my day, rock music was Billy Squier, Pat Benatar, Rick Springfield.

RICHARD H KIRK
ENTERING VALHALLA, VOL 2 (VIRTUAL LITE)
Very cool blippy & bassy um light dance music? I think the derisive term would be chillout music. But, y'know. Before that it was called ambient techno, maybe that's more apt.


UWE RECKZEH
POINT NORTH
Pleasantly spacey & ambient Hearts Of Space type shit. I can find no quarrel with this hour of quietly uplifting moods & melodies.

No comments: