Monday, August 04, 2008

the dragons - "here come the roses"

i think i'm seriously in love with cathy dennis. i might've had a dream about her. i need to get a grip, she's one of the richest women in the uk for fakc's sake.
---

TV
Had to force myself to watch the 'peter serafinowicz show' after the first episode was so godawfully dull. I'm so glad I did, every other episode of that show is literally incredible. It's so fucking funny. Serafinowicz was the mastermind behind 'look around you' (the greatest show you've never seen), also he was the voice of darth maul and uhhhh if you saw 'shaun of the dead' he played the dickhead housemate. Anyway.... his sketch show was on BBC last year & I didn't care for it at the time, but when I finally watched the other episodes over the weekend it had me gasping with laughter. The Star Wars sketches are amazing (like the love interest for darth vader). And his Beatles impressions are so amazingly bad-ass, he does this whole thing like 'let it be' except it's about taking a dump. awesome.

and the BBN news-reader... that one killed me instantly... hah.

nevermind.

---

MOVIES
over the weekend i watched 'the wackness', which is about a guy in nyc graduating from high school in july 1994 & the girl he dates blah blah blah. ben kingsley is in it. it's a good movie, i don't know why or how you'd ever see it but check the shit out.

the bit when the main dude is staring at his dream girl on the beach & they played jane's addiction 'up the beach' had me THIS CLOSE to welling up.

well done, hollywood. gold star.




---

MUSIc
Yes. There's this band called The Dragons that includes former members of Levitation, whom I might've mentioned before. Their brand of meaty alternative rock, driven by the still KICK-ASS drumming by Dave Francolini, is currently all I can listen to when I'm at home.

Well, them and Cathy Dennis. I fuckin' love me some Cathy.

---

No comments: