Sunday, July 27, 2008

BLLLLLLLLLLLLLAGGER'S FFFFFFFFACT!

i've been totally enjoying 'the blagger's guide', the bbc radio comedy-documentary-whatever series by david quantick. it's all about different genres and artists and it cracks my shit up every time. quantick is an awesome comedy writer plus he's also a music journo, in fact he was the one whose review of a certain indie band in the 1980s caused a band to changes its name to Pop Will Eat Itself. there are awesome sketches about captain beefheart, nick drake, syd barrett, and totally informational bits about reggae, the band Love, etc. & apart from a few glaringly obvious incorrect things (like saying KISS is from Detroit), I agree with everything he says! quantick's descriptions of the music & the musicians, his critical 'voice' reminds me of my own. He's even shouty & screamy in the same way I would've been when I was writing music reviews all the time. NICE!

No comments: