Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Holy Dread!

BIT O MUSE-SACK I MIGHTA MISSED OTHERWISE:


mm, tickety boo

DO THE UNDO
Do the Undo
Hmm, not bad indie guitar rock. Lots of shorter songs (ca. 3 minutes) as opposed to 10 grand epics. Y'know. Interpol meets T. Rex or something.

Do the Undo MySpace


ROBYN HITCHCOCK
Ole' Tarantula
Look, another fucking Robyn Hitchcock album, his 634th this week. I mean, I love me some Robyn Hitchcock & all, but fuck dude. I can't keep up. Look, mate, you had me with "Birds in Perspex" back in, what was it, 1849? Good tune, good time. It's all fairly interchangable since then, to me at least. This new album is the first one I've been interested in for a long time, due to Robyn cowriting with Andy Partridge in 2006. One result is included....the predictably wonderful (wonderfully predictable) "'Cause It's Love (Saint Parallelogram)." The rest of the album is... well, if you've heard one album by old Hitchypoo, you've heard them all.

lick :Robyn Hitchcock - 'Cause It's Love (Saint Parallelogram)

PSAPP
The Only Thing I Ever Wanted
I don't know when this album came out but it's still nuuuuuuu to me. So, I say... licky-licky tech fuckery with hawt female vocals. With choons. Songs, I mean. Not just beats. "Hi" is as good a starting point as any. It's like Tom Waits reborn on synths & sung by a hottie. Mm, slam dunk. "King of You" is no slouch & neither is the rest of this sexay alboom.

Psapp - The Words

THE FOUNTAIN
Original Soundtrack
KRONOS QUARTET and MOGWAI
Em, the music was written by Clint Mansell (ex Pop Will Eat Itself) and is performed by Kronos Quartet & Mogwai, who play, uhhhhhh....Sigur Ros stylee. ie, simultaneously. It's quite dark, with a few longer pieces chucked in for good measure. It's nice. And I'll probably never see the film either.

No comments: